Thursday, October 1, 2009

Summer Hair = Bed Head

I relished the moment I grew out my fringe for a number of reasons, chief among these that I no longer had to worry about maintenance. I may be a high maintenance person myself, but my hair is a different story. I could never be bothered trekking across town for a fringe trim (somehow 30 minutes walking total didn't seem to warrant 30 seconds with my beloved hairdresser), so I would end up with a shaggy mess in my eyes which irritated me no end and ended up in a hideous clip at the side of my head. Hairdresser and I agreed I was too much of a slob to treat a fringe with care, and she muttered something about "so over" - but hey, if you've got a fringe, she didn't mean you!).

The latest trend to slip down the Milan catwalks in particular has been the messy, I-just-rolled-in-the-hay-with-boy-and-rolled-2-inches-further-out-of-bed hair that looks so effortless it warrants further investigation. Behold, the bed hair from the catwalks and behind the scenes at the catwalks (specifically, Proenza Schouler, Fendi and Burberry + the recent Burberry campaign):



And a recent (as in last night) shot of Jennifer Hawkins and Pip Edwards at the Lovable Cleo event.


I would just like to note now that Pip Edwards' hair (known as "top deck" due to the two-tone, chocolate/blonde intonations) irritates me no end. I don't mind bandiage (which is the graduated blonde tips through brunette hair), but the top deck is just ugly. Best off eaten.

No comments: