Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Vogue et al sure knew about it. Needless to say, it didn't run for long here in Australia. But... regardless of local issues. Is the sex-ing up of rape - gang rape - really necessary? Sure, some women just love a good gang bang every now and again, but she's being held down, she doesn't look overly engaged (i.e. like she's consenting) and those guys are just waiting their turn. It's not exactly a pleasure fest here.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
The Hi-Fi replaces the old Pavilion in West End and I think is aimed at filling the void left by the unfortunate demise of Festival Hall.
The Hi-Fi has its opening gig by the Drones on 29 April. Upcoming gigs include Little Birdy, The Grates, Ratatat (supported by Brisbane's own Quan from Regurgitator -go see him, we saw him in HK a few months ago and he is awesome!) and British India.
The addition of a new and larger venue means more gigs and touring artists in Brisbane - yay!
Pity they are not opening a branch in Hong Kong or Singapore at that...
Monday, April 20, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
I "popped out" for "a quick drink" planning on "being in bed by midnight". Sober, of course. Destiny had other plans.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
- Follow the 3 Rs: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly. (that seems naughty, but whatever)
- Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realise you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don't let go or your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
How cute is this playsuit from their 09 Spring/Summer collection...if only I had the legs of a Japanese girl!
They are a Munich-based brand who prefer to avoid putting ridiculous mark-ups on their clothes normally required as a result of selling out of a traditional store. They set up in contemporary art galleries (such as the Chelsea Art Gallery in New York) for a few days at a time in each city before packing up and moving on to the next destination. The tags on their clothes also have the price of the item that you will pay and also the price that you would have paid had you bought it from a store...and let's just say it's a pretty interesting comparison. For example a silk wrap dress sells for JPY42, 000 but would have cost JPY100,000 if sold from a store...wow!
All I can say is that I think I'm going to check them out when they get to Tokyo in a few days time...
Friday, April 10, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
Nicole Kidman's hot, backless, sequined dress has compelled me to stop saving the world for 10 minutes to say... She HOT! Woah! And look at how Keith is looking at her - and that hand. Firmly on the rump. Compare the obvious intimacy and sexy sparks going on between those two with Nicole's ex-husband and his brainwashed bride.... Hmmm...
Friday, April 3, 2009
You can currently buy your very own Chanel guitar at these bargain basement prices:
HK$40,000 (approx AUD8K) for guitar
HK$51,400 (approx AUD 10K) for guitar and canvas bag
HK$83,400 (approx AUD 16K) for guitar plus leather bag