Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dear John

I have been neglecting y'all of late. In two measly, itty-bitty weeks I will be yours again. I will blog more. It will be more interesting. You will need drip feeds of snapdragons to get you through your day it will be so much more interesting. (right...?) However - for the next two weeks I will be disappearing into the black hole that is a pile of textbooks and scholarly articles. It's horrible! Another 8,000 words about one of the most boring topics ever. Oh the pain! 8,000 marvellous words wasted.

The joys of being ridiculously busy at the moment is the forcible prioritisation of my life. I only spend time with people I care about, because every second right now is precious (except those seconds I'm sitting in an office chair... ). I don't spend time with anyone I don't want to - that is liberating. Also liberating is that I realise that there are certain activities I really enjoy - such as writing! Even if it is garbled gushy crap, it's enjoyable. I have also discovered I have a serious addiction to the internet. Even when I have only precious seconds to spare, somehow these turn into hours when I get into the click-through, follow-the-link habit. I don't know what life was like before Google. Altavista? What the...?

It also means, when my trusty old Apple coughs, I panic. I'm like a mother with her baby - total hypochondriac, mind-the-spores-outside type behaviour. So I am trying to not infect my Apple with internet activities in case it has a heart attack at a crucial moment - for example the 7,589 words mark. So there will be less blogging for two weeks while I finish my assignment, fuss unnecessarily over my laptop and take it to hospital and see what his bloody problem is! I have nightmares about blue-screen.

BUT before I disappear (I wouldn't leave you hanging like that) I want to introduce you to Wildfox Couture - some of the coolest t-shirts for ladies I've ever seen! I'm not actually a huge fan of t-shirts. I don't know how to incorporate them into my wardrobe. Sometimes they seem too tomboy-ish, other times way too aggressive with their skin-tight, gold-lettered statements. I definitely have a bit of a preference for the oversized, low-sleeves at the moment - they flash some skin but you can control how much you flash by either wearing a bandeau, just a bra, or a singlet underneath. It's up to you, and layers are pretty much expected right now, so you needn't feel prudish or overdone. I love the bagginess, however due to my current girl-crush on my hip-hop instructor I am definitely going a bit hip-hop girlfan in my spare time. Yes... Even baggy track pants! Unthinkable! But only at home when my iPod is blaring.

If you go the press section of the Wildfox Couture website, you'll see that every young celeb female has worn their stuff - and for good reason! Their clothes are sexy, sassy and not at all slutty. Plus, uber reasonably priced IMHO.


Am I being greedy when I say I want pretty much one of each?

No comments: