Monday, November 16, 2009

The Time Traveller's Wife or Another Excuse to Weep at the Cinema

I'm such an old crank when it comes to chick flicks, however I can of course appreciate the advertisements for the films...

After a girlfriend told me she cried basically the entire way through The Time Traveller's Wife, I knew I wasn't likely to see it. Not in public, anyhow. Crying brings out the worst in me - horrifically blotchy face (there is nothing pretty about my tears), a heaving chest (an excellent distraction from the blotchy face, as my bra definitely packs a D-cup punch!) and pretty much without fail my nose manages to also completely drain itself. It is repulsive. Truly hideous. I wish to never subject others to my tears - so I don't. However, I do love Rachel McAdams so let's just appreciate the cover art here - she looks so beautiful.



TTTW has had some pretty woeful reviews, so this is another factor in my decision not to see it, but there is definitely utility in a howl on the couch (alone) every once in a while. So if you feel like getting rid of that box of old tissues, I think TTTW might be for you.

1 comment:

Phuong said...

haven't seen the movie but good book!