Monday, November 30, 2009

Louis Vuitton Cruise

Catherine McNeil, one of Australia's current crop of models to make it big o/s, headlines Louis Vuitton's 2010 Cruise campaign. While I doubt I'll be jumping on a cruise ship until I'm well into my 70s, I would still like to nip off in most of these outfits.




There have been strange happenings in Ms McNeil's life of late, after reports of her seen at a Girlfriend magazine modelling competition with cuts on her arms. There had also been criticism in some circles that she had "gained weight" (I believe this is code for "was seen eating something other than an apple and lettuce leaf"). Her mother in response said this Very Weird Thing: "She's been through a lot. She hasn't had it easy. She hasn't had much of a life. I never forced her into modelling, it was her decision, it was her choice...But it's not as glamorous as it appears. There's a lot of pressure to maintain your looks and sometimes it gets her down." I can't imagine I'd be clapping my mum on the back for making comments like that, but who knows what their relationship is like...

No comments: