Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Have To Return Some Video-Tapes

Nicole Kidman is in uber promotion mode - her musical Nine is due for release (with Penelope Cruz - I wonder if they kind of secretly hate each other with that whole Tom Cruise/Vanilla Sky crap that went on, in addition to Nicole's dramatic pronouncements of heartbreak and sleeping on the couch - all of which I believe, but Penelope wasn't exactly loved during that time), and she's slated to appear with Gwyneth Paltrow as a transexual. Which explains her references to her "dangerous" sex life. *yawn*



I am still far more interested in the soul-less depths of her ex-husband, Tom Cruise, and what the heck went on in their "passionless marriage" (his words!!) for 10 years... How could it have been passionless if she wailed on the couch for 10 months? Why have both of them sworn themselves to secrecy about their marriage together?

Mary Harron, director of American Psycho, one of my other favourite movies ever, had this to say of Christian Bale's incredible take on Patrick Bateman:

"One day he (Bale) called me & he had been watching Tom Cruise on David Letterman, & he just had this very intense friendliness with nothing behind the eyes, & he was really taken with this energy.”

That seems about right. Remember the couch thing? It just seemed so contrived and planned ahead. Dude is weird.

4 comments:

Ally Kay said...

Tom fascinates me too!
I used to want to marry him. I'm so glad I didn't!!! ;)

A said...

Me too!! I met Nicole last year when we were working on Australia and she was so sweet. I missed out on meeting Tom by a day when I decided to take a weeks holiday in Sydney - the same day he decides to take a tour of my workplace. Typical. I used to want to marry him too Ally - not no more, but he still fascinates me for some bizarro reason..

Rachel said...

I shudder! Although I think I had a crush on him up until Jerry Maguire. His "Show me the money" stuff grated, and it was then I think I saw a hint of crazy in those eyes of his.

Rachel said...

PS: V. jealous you've met Nicole! I love her!!