Monday, November 16, 2009

Family days..



I have had my amazing parents stay with me for the last week or so. It's been really cool showing them around my city, my flat and my favourite places. They are flying home on Friday and how I will miss them so when they leave.

I had at times quite a tense and distant relationship with my parents growing up and this was not helped by my rather angsty selfish teenage phase! However as I have gotten older (and less selfish!) I have grown a lot closer to my mum and dad. I am so eternally grateful to them for the opportunities they have given me and all the sacrifices they have made for me and my sisters. Learning more about their incredible journey to Australia this week has inspired me to put their story into writing and hopefully I will be able to share it with you one day...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Aaaaah Phuong is back! Hooray. Have missed you on here. :o)

Yes, special family times are so great - and your parents do have a pretty amazing story. We're so lucky to have awesome families and parents - even if we do drive each other bananas at times!