Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Seems We Always Have A Little Price to Pay

Tonight I'm going to my first Britney Spears concert ever. I can't wait! However, it's with a little trepidation. Poor darling has copped rather a bashing in some corners of the press during her Australia tour for lip-synching. I don't even know why this is an issue, or a surprise. Girlfriend can't go anywhere without people in the press laying into her. Why is that, do you suppose?

How could you hate this face?

A friend surmised to me last week that:
These people, who are spilling out the Britney-hate... I think we can safely assume that they are of the fat, unattractive, unpopular-at-high-school crew and they've always felt insecure. I would also hazard a guess that Britney Spears was probably also someone they secretly loved - because who wouldn't? - but they couldn't love her because she was everything they claimed to hate, yet always wanted to be. So for them to slag off on her the way they have. Well. I feel sorry for them.


Anyway, everyone is entitled to be small and bitter and focus on the negatives. I, however, will be revelling in pure, unadulterated Britney good times! Will review tomorrow, but keep in mind my obvious bias.

Cover art for her new single, 3, which (of course) I don't mind. Not quite as catchy as, say, Womaniser but still not bad.

2 comments:

Sal said...

I went and saw her last night...totally loved it!!!!!

Rachel said...

Yay! I can't wait. A few of my other friends who went last night said she was great too..!