Monday, November 23, 2009

Currently Lusting After

Since Phuong introduced us to the world of Etsy some time ago, I must admit I haven't been following it with the ardent fervour - bordering on obsession - I ordinarily do when it comes to shopping. I think it has something to do with the fact that my workplace insists on monitoring internet usage. How dare they?! They expect me to do work? Really. I do a lot of work, however while some people may go and talk to their colleagues, or play Solitaire, or do the crossword in the loo for a break; I, on the other hand, scour the internet and report back to you guys! It's my brain break. I happen to need a lot of these, because my brain prefers to rest. Anyway... Why do I keep diverging today? Probably the 4 champagnes last night... *sigh* Silly season.

My latest Etsy love is RedHeart 13. Probably because her description's are soooo great! I love this! It's so much more interesting than eBay, where everyone is trying to limit their advertising costs by speaking in eBay code. It took me ages to figure out BNWT and all that shiz. For example, here is her Rapunzel Enchantment Necklace description... (and obviously the necklace is awesome and I want one. Santa??).

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair, so that I may climb the golden stair. A romantic dark story from the Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales, I always remember her as an enchantress of the high lonely tower; I can't imagine the days alone.

Wishing I had her long locks of love, I was inspired to create a golden necklace made with four looping links from a vintage bracelet and a vintage gold chain with screw post.

Hanging from the chain is a vintage lucite bright peach rose of frozen beauty, I can imagine a gown enraptured by this color, flowing in the wind as her prince carries her away. The rose has lovely detailing in the leaves and is hand painted in an ivory green.

The necklace measures 20.5" long and the rose is 1.75" w x 2" h.

Tis a fairy tale come true!


Isn't that great? I love random chat about nothing. Here are some other things from the store which I would happily accept as a gift.


Yes, no, maybe?

No comments: