Thursday, July 30, 2009

One Night In Paris

Applause to Paris Hilton this morning (what is the world coming to?) after her warning to young girls about making sex tapes and doing sexual activities you don't really want to do. Paris made her comments as part of the MTV show Paris, Not France, which documents her rise to fame. Paris has this to say about the now-legendary sex tape released by her snake of an ex, Rick Salomon (I believe he had a girlfriend at the time of night-vision vid - the uber grudge-holder Shannen Doherty):

"I want young girls to never put themselves in that situation I was in. Don't ever let someone talk you into doing something you don't want to do. I was humiliated, embarrassed and in shock that it happened. It wasn't my fault, it was something that someone did to me, so I've just learned to be a strong woman and nothing can hurt me at this point. It was definitely very painful. When you trust someone and love someone - for them to do that to you, it's really hard. It's something that bothers me everyday."


While it certainly put her on the celebrity radar (where is Rick Salomon now?), and her ballsy grab of royalties from sales of the tape highlighted her business savvy, I am impressed that she has come out to discuss the implications the aftermath of the release has had on her.

I don't know why, but a lot of guys have a burning desire for women to send naked photos to them - over email or text (so easily forwarded) - or make sex vids together etc. I've never really understood it, and some guys do apply some serious pressure. If Paris Hilton is a role model (egads!) to tweens, let's hope they get this message loud and clear.

By the way - did you know Paris Hilton has size 11 feet?! That's why she stands pigeontoed in photos - apparently it makes her feet look smaller.

No comments: