Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How To Wear A Scarf

At the risk of looking a little Angela Lansbury in Murder, She Wrote, I really quite like a scarf. When I say scarf, I don't mean a knitted wintry number (also love) - they're pretty easy to deal with.



No no no. I'm talking Hermes, darling.


Following on from President Sarkozy's controversial comments about the burqa of late, and after one of my girlfriends gave me a gorgeous scarf from Dubai recently, I got to thinking about scarves. I've purchased a butt-load of scarves in my time, only to stare at them in bemusement and wonder how the heck to wear them. Sure, I can tie them in my hair as an Alice band type arrangement, but I've always struggled with everything else, either feeling totally naff, or being concerned that I might be confused with an air hostess (with jeans... I don't think so).



I believe this little chart contains the solution:


See? The options for a winter scarf are pretty limited, whereas a silk scarf ... It's almost like one of those dirty charts you get on the street corner showing a different position for every day of the year.

Check out this website for some fantastic 80s scarf-stylings.

No comments: