Friday, July 24, 2009

Dancing On the Ceiling

I often wish I lived in Melbourne (never in winter), however with Brisbane attempting to replicate Melbourne's laneway bar/cafe/shopping culture, maybe there will be no need to have such fantasies. However - Brisvegas definitely doesn't have Yah Yahs, nor do we have its Rock Aerobics classes!

Rock Aerobics: a dance fitness class for rock music lovers, hosted at Yah Yah’s. Don’t usually go to a gym? Aren’t really into dance music or Top 40? Well Rock Aerobics is for you. Here we pogo, skank (yessssss!), do the Mick Jagger walk, we air guitar and just jump around to songs from folk like ACDC and Iggy Pop. Remember to wear sneakers! I'm not such an ACDC girl, but there is seriously nothing better than Guns 'n' Roses and a skipping rope. You heard it here first.

There will be no Janes at Rock Aerobics.

Oh that just sounds so freakin' fun! Like boogying around your house before heading out for "a big one" when you're home alone - except with other people! Other people who love doing stuff like that! Oh I WISH!

I haven't done aerobics since the days of Aerobics Oz Style when I was 7, and it was acceptable to wear super highcut leotards (wait... I still wear them).


PS: In the States they not only have Rock Aerobics, they also have PUNK Rock Aerobics. I doubt I'd go to that, what with my hip hop obsession and all. But it sure would be fun to dress up for.

No comments: