Friday, March 20, 2009

Speaking of kids books being reformulated, check out the latest Google welcome bar! It's been Hungry Caterpillar-ified! The Very Hungry Caterpillar was one of my favourite books growing up - possibly because I was always hungry as a child myself (and not in an abused child who was never fed by her parents kind of way - more like a greedy fat piggy kind of way!).


In other Google news, Google is being sued by Louis Vuitton because "Google's advertisement activities have given companies which sell fake products unprecedented visibility beyond their wildest dreams." Google, on the other hand, claims that "Google makes money not by reason of the nature of the keyword, but by someone clicking on the keyword.... The decision to click or not to click belongs to whom? Clearly to the Internet user." Hmm... What do you lawyer-y types out there think? My highly authoritative copyright-y IP-y lawyer friend says he tends to agree with Louis Vuitton. And who wouldn't? I mean - The Very Hungry Caterpillar thing is cute, but Louis Vuitton... So much better! What?! A lawsuit isn't a popularity contest? Oh...

I can't help but agree with one of my favourite characters of all time, Lord Darlington in Oscar Wilde's hilarious Lady Windermere's Fan when he says "I can resist everything except temptation". I say - naughty Google! You shouldn't let us be tempted! We are weak little Darlingtons!

Google made me do it!

No comments: