Wednesday, April 29, 2009

You're A Liar and a Cheater

Not that I've had much time to obsess over RAFW what with work and study ruining my life at the moment, but I have seen the headlines (blackouts, lack of creativity, recession gloom, Lara Bingle, Paul Keating who I just adore - best headline ever). So far RAFW is a bit of a disappointment by all accounts. I actually really enjoyed the pics from Diet Coke's LBD show - all the designers featured in RAFW ced their own LBDs, and I really love the linkage and product placement there. I mean, the Coca-Cola bottle is what we're trying to create when we slip into a LBD anyway, right? I really like Alice McCall's black & white creations.



I will admit to disappointment re Camilla + Marc. While they've never been crazily fashion forward, they have always been a little quirky and relatively individual. Individual in the sense you can look at something and say - "Is that Camilla + Marc?" with a bit of breathlessness mixed in with envy.  They are way into mini skirts, mini dresses, mini minis. I love that shit.  But I love it because it's so obviously them.  This, however, is most obviously Balmain Fall/Winter 09:

 Camilla + Marc comes first (but not really - if you catch my drift).

No comments: