Saturday, April 11, 2009

Clemens en August

So I finally decided to get my act together and post something on the blog. For my first appearance I've decided to highlight a great clothing label who is doing things a little differently. Their name is Clemens en August (http://www.clemens-en-august.com/) and rather than setting up shop and selling their clothes in a traditional store they have taken up a more nomadic existence. They are the world's first travelling fashion label - selling clothes by voyaging around the globe twice a year to the world's most fashionable cities (London, New York, Paris, Berlin, Tokyo).


How cute is this playsuit from their 09 Spring/Summer collection...if only I had the legs of a Japanese girl!

They are a Munich-based brand who prefer to avoid putting ridiculous mark-ups on their clothes normally required as a result of selling out of a traditional store. They set up in contemporary art galleries (such as the Chelsea Art Gallery in New York) for a few days at a time in each city before packing up and moving on to the next destination. The tags on their clothes also have the price of the item that you will pay and also the price that you would have paid had you bought it from a store...and let's just say it's a pretty interesting comparison. For example a silk wrap dress sells for JPY42, 000 but would have cost JPY100,000 if sold from a store...wow!

All I can say is that I think I'm going to check them out when they get to Tokyo in a few days time...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Jenny! Yay this is awesome! At last you've blogged! What a cool little store. I just can't understand why Brisbane wouldn't be on their list of places to visit...? haha