Thursday, December 3, 2009

That Old Chestnut

Call it the Mad Men effect on fashion, but the runways were awash with modest one-pieces reminiscent of days gone past (specifically, days from the 1950s).


That's all well and good if you don't care about weird tan lines - or no tan in certain areas, like your stomach! Which I'm sure we can all agree we need the benefits of a bit of shade on (you know, like light and shade. Have you not noticed that all those super tanned, yet slightly plump backpackers don't have cellulite? But they do! They're tan just hides a multitude of Big Macs!). Yeah blah-di-blah get tan in a can, and I do recommend it and yes spray tans also come in handy but whatever it is, having a tan is nice in summer. And in Australia, there is something a little wrong with you if you don't darken up a bit over summer. Just saying.

I know I continue to bore you with my never-ending hunt with the perfect swimsuit (well, one piece anyway - loads of bikinis to satisfy me) but I only continue to bore you because I'm STILL LOOKING! I do love the red & white polka dot and also the yellow (Victoria's Secret = no chance of trying it on and seeing if someone with boobs can actually fit). The one thing I have learned from trawling through swimsuit shots is that (a) I'll probably lose my job soon, as I kept getting denied list warnings in alarmingly red letters; and (b) Miranda Kerr is the queen of swimwear.

No comments: