Monday, December 7, 2009

The Dating Game

As well as trying to apply for some research money to get my tuckass off to NYC (after receiving help from one of the most brilliantly creative minds over the wkend! Thanks to Phuong's sis!), revelling in Christmas silliness, working, reading all the books I didn't read while I was in study-hell (just finished Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - major recommendation!), writing tripe for xandymagazine, figuring out what to wear to weddings/parties/bed, I have also been on a few dates. Yes. This is big news. Dating can be difficult though, because a lot of urges need to be repressed: the urge to just wear thongs, shorts and a singlet because you're sick of dressing up (never thought I'd say that), the urge to pick one's nose while having a think about something profound (you don't do that?), the urge to not wash one's hair all wkend, and the urge to JUMP someone's bones because all this flirting and suggestive talk is making you crazy! It's true. I am feeling wound up like a whatever-is-wound-up (an unused yo-yo?), and I really just know that a good old fashioned romp in the sack will ease the madness. But I can't, because we all know the girl who shags the boy on the first date is not going to win in the end, nor is she likely to get many more fun dinner/drinks dates with this interesting boy. So we just hold out. And it's getting a little much. Calvin Klein has not eased any of this tension.

1 comment:

Ally Kay said...

"Calvin Klein is NOT MAKING THIS EASY!"
God! Great post Rach. Tell us about these dates!