Monday, December 14, 2009

Run Away

I think I've mentioned the most lovely Chasing Bow boutique that graces the upper end of Latrobe Terrace in Paddington, Brisvegas... No? I can't remember. If you are a lover of boutique-shopping, you should check it out when you are in Brisbane. If you can't do that, then you should sign up to their weekly email. The weekly email - full of droplets of honey-love as it is - is almost better than shopping in the delightfully scented store itself. Emails generally arrive weekly ... or whenever they feel like it. Emails are a tad haphazard which is right up my alley. It is the sign of a scattered brain, and that makes me happy.

(Do you see what I did there? Twilight shopping evening = gratuitous shot of that guy everyone is creaming their pants over. Frankly, I don't see what all the fuss is about).

I just received an email full of xoxo and lovelies from Chasing Bow reminding me of the fantabulous twilight shopping evening being held this Thursday along Latrobe Terrace. Some of my favourite Paddington stores will be open - La La Latrobe, Chasing Bow (duh!), Ginza (great swimsuit range - which we know I love!) Retro Metro (tied 1st for favourite vintage store with Box Vintage, West End). Then there will be Made In France, ici et la, Mood and so on!

I wonder if close retail competitors Petrol, Secret Wardrobe and Meow Meow (diviiiiine but oh so expensive) will also be open? I won't really know, however, as after I quickly nip in to Chasing Bow to secure myself one of these little gems:
I'm off to share a drink with a dear friend at Lark (another awesome Paddington secret - although not such a secret now, as it wins so many awards!) and then we're seeing the premiere of a George Clooney film. No idea what it's called, but I'll review it for you guys!

These lovely little rings are made by Limedrop (Melbourne designers of course - and they have Run Away in a necklace which I'm also lusting after), and retail at $25 (budget buster!). Thursday night's Twilight Shopping will enable you to pounce upon a 25% discount. So you do the maths, because I can't. It's cheaper than cheap anyway. Seriously though - sign up for the email. It is guaranteed to make you feel loved.

No comments: