Monday, December 21, 2009

On the 9th Day of Christmas

The Christmas drum still beats on. My friends who lived for extensive periods in London, and who have had their fair share of white Christmases say that this time of year is the time of year they most miss London. I've had a few white Christmases myself... And yes they're pretty and more authentic especially in Austria where the towns are the personification of Christmas. But really. Nothing beats the sun beating down, hot weather - cooled off with a long, refreshing glass of Pimms and a fistful of prawns. And of course a day at the beach. And I know we all have iPods and all that shiz now... But I distinctly remember my parents sitting on the beach listening to the radio as we kidlets almost killed each other in the ocean. Such good times.

On the 9th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ... a retro-inspired radio and a perfect day at the beach.

No comments: