Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On the 10th Day of Christmas

You are going to think I'm an enormous wanker after having requested Chanel handbags and what-not from my true love, but... I'm having another big dinner with friends tonight. I enjoy food and I love the company of my friends. They are amazing people - full of different interests, personality quirks and totally unique. Yet they all share one thing: their immense capacity for generosity. These people make time for their friends, they will cook for them (ego is also at stake for this one), stroke/comb your hair when you're sad, and deliver 3 different kinds of painkillers and an eyemask when you're vomiting from migraines (true story!). Sadly, some people don't get to enjoy food in the way we do, and the idea of a dinner party is probably so foreign to them it probably seems like a total waste of time.


On the 10th day of Christmas my true love sent to me ... food for everyone, forever. And not McDonalds or Tao in New York. I mean fruit and vegetables and rice and loaves of bread and fish. And maybe a bit of ice cream for later.

No comments: