Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On the 4th Day of Christmas

I decided to do things the conventional, logical way so the numbering has been corrected.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love sent to me .... A gold Omega watch! (and Cindy Crawford's 1980s body).

You know how every year or so Vogue magazine does a spread on fantastic, beautiful jewellery and watches? No? Well they do. Trust me. I keep every edition. I have been prowling jewellery stores for the perfect gold necklace of late - of course I've found it, but it's into the tens of thousand clams. Not only that, gold raises a real dilemma for me. I have a lovely, silver Longines watch. Gold and silver are never paired together in Vogue. Unless it's two-tone... And while I don't mind two-tone I'm not sure I'm 100% in love with it. And if you're going to spend tens of thousands, you want to love it more than life itself. Right girls? Right? Why do I hear crickets chirping?

Omega is always featured in the gold bit. Always. And whenever I see the shots, I wistfully stare at my Longines. Which I do love, it has serious sentimental value, however I am wistful. How can I wear my perfect gold necklace with my also-perfect-but-silver watch? So my true love is doing everything he can to make me happy. What a nice true love.

My true love was just very mean - in a realistic kind of way - and told me I need to eat less bread if I want the Cindy Crawford body bit. He'll be making up for that little comment tomorrow.

2 comments:

A said...

Oh so jealous - I absolutely crave a Dolce Vita Longines watch funnily enough - have done so for the past 5 years, but at over $3000 it has never been within my budget.. I hope I don't have to wait for someone to buy it for me - would love the satisfaction of knowing I can buy it for myself!

Rachel said...

Aaaah yes, the Dolce Vita is gorgeous. I have one from the Evidenza collection which I bought as a self-congratulatory pat on the back when I was admitted as a solicitor. And a few years later I quit being a lawyer because I hated it!