Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Splish! Splash! I Was Takin' A Bath

Last week Brisvegas recorded some of its hottest August temps on record. This was the warmest embrace I could receive from the motherland, as the idea of returning to winter after some glorious summer weather in NYC kills me: think tulip bending in the wind, petals flying in a dervish, and general crumbling from the cold.

With Spring commencing officially today, it is of course only natural that we turn our minds to swimsuits. This season, I am rather enamoured with the one-piece. Realistically though, however much I love a one-piece, I am also keenly aware of its constraints as an item suitable for tanning in. The one-piece - in my world at least - must confine itself to pool parties and at-home fashion parades. I never let an opportunity to tan get away, so the bikini is the most logical item (yes, it's bad for your health - if you value your anti-ageing face cream investment you probably won't follow Aunty Rachel's advice on the tanning thing).

I have always been a huge fan of Jets and Zimmermann swimwear, this cannot be denied. I generally skim over the Seafolly offerings thinking it's a little dull, a little too swimming-class, and... dare I say it, a little too much coverage. Ha! The latest campaign from Seafolly, starring Alyssa Sutherland for their Limited Collection and babe-queen Jess Hart for their summer collection, may change my mind. Observe:


Credits

Jess Hart is gorgeous, no? Another beauty of the gap-toothed "flawed" variety (think Kate Moss who has made her teeth work for her also), she is the ambassador of Melbourne Spring Fashion Week which kicked off on Sunday, has been appointed an ambassador to heaven as a Victoria's Secret Angel, and appeared in European H&M campaigns of late.

She has also adorned the cover of Australian Vogue (March 2008),
and is slated to appear on billboards on Australian mainroads everywhere, as the face - and body - of Seafolly.

No comments: