Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bold

The Bold and the Beautiful won Most Outstanding Drama at the 36th Daytime Emmy's in LA yesterday.


After I regained my composure after choking on my coffee, I realised that this is a fair call. Outstanding. Drama. The Most.

Ooooh the dramz of Bold, and the glamour setting: LA's trashtastic fashion world. How I would guiltily rush off the bus, flop on to the couch with the remote control firmly clasped in my hand in case someone came by... A nonchalant flick of the channels, an equally apathetic "Bold is the only decent thing on right now" until I was left in obsessive viewing peace. Oh yes. Bold ensures that early 90s excessive glamour will never die: the sweater slung around the shoulders, enormous pearl earrings, ridiculously ostentatious sparkle around the neck in the middle of the day, American horse-riding couture on steroids, huge scarves, bigger hair, 80s glamour names (Morgan, Taylor, Stephanie, Fern etc) and the penetrating stare in the foreground. Oh, and of course the numerous bitch fights, manipulations, love children and the completely out of control passion between lovers, haters, mothers, daughters (and alarmingly often between mummy and daughter's boyfriend).

Stephanie - one of the biggest bitches of them all.

Who could forget Rydge - Ron Moss - the housewife's crumpet?

No comments: