Thursday, May 14, 2009

They Had Choc Tops At Her Show

Another reason to love Rachel Gilbert.

She also had Jessica Mauboy, but choc tops... That's inspired.



I forgot to mention re the Beef Ball that my dress was by Rachel Gilbert, who proclaims on her website that she is a "high end fashion brand to watch". Oh I've been watching alright. She has everything I love - beautiful fabrics, random flashes of emerald green, sequins (like, hundreds and THOUSANDS - in fact entire dresses made of them), shorty-short dresses a la 1920s style. I mean - can you get any more heavenly? And if you really, really save up and stop eating red meat and seafood for 4 months - you can even afford one of her dresses. Another alternative is to stalk retailers stocking her stuff and waiting for the inevitable it's-a-GFC-stupid! sale. I'm still waiting. *tap-tap-tap* (impatient foot tapping noise).

She had a show recently in Sydney, and the pictures are totally uninspiring, and the models are bizarrely kind of hideous, so I recommend you check out her website which lives up to its "high end fashion brand to watch" status by stud-pressing and camera-flashing you upon arrival. I also love her because she spells her name properly, God love her.



If you need to know more about her, she graduated from Whitehouse Design School, did some work around the Australian fashion traps with Lisa Ho, Peter Morrissey and then took off to New York to get Nicky Hilton's label off the ground. Then she came back and set up her own label. Thank God. No Hilton is worthy of her gorgeous, I-must-do-squats-so-my-legs-are-ok-for-the-micro-mini dresses.

No comments: