Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fringe Festival

I may have gotten rid of the fringe in my hair, but I sure haven't stopped being obsessed about fringing, generally. Right now, there is a lot of fringing being carted around - on handbags, boots, vests, the anklets of stilettos, and even on the edges of high-wristed, fingerless gloves at Mimco (which I am obsessed with - no pics of these yet).


This 70s throwback is a lot of fun, and I'm really enjoying the current mix we are seeing with different varieties of leather (suede, shrunk and your normal leather), as well as studs and beading for extra variety.



These are some of the bag options available at Mimco right now. (I'm cursing Oroton's website - they have a great-looking fringed handbag called the Lido, however no pics available. I assume they're worried the pictures will end up at a tannery in southern China).



Check out newly engaged Kylie Minogue's boots:

I have been eyeing off a most superb knock off of the Gucci's pictured of late. They have just been reduced from $350 to $150 and I'm tossing up whether to buy them. I keep wondering what I'll wear them with, or if they might just be a one-hit, one-season wonder. If they went below $100 I don't think I'd bat an eyelid purchasing them, and it would be some stark relief to wear something other than the gladiators I keep pairing with my black rats.

See them at Balmain recently also:

Genius.

Keeping in mind I also got a pretty great copy of another pair of tassled Gucci boots when I was in New York recently (mine are the flat version).

No comments: