Saturday, May 16, 2009

Chanel Cruise Collection 2010: Venice Boardwalk



Did I mention I was hoping the whole pantsless trend would catch on?

Uncle Karl kept the fashionistas waiting 2 hours for the sun to move to the correct position in the sky before launching his sunset cruise collection, which drew heavily on 1930s Venetian high society. Models strutted their stuff in Marchesa Casati-inspired red, blonde and black wigs and make-up. The whole look was very rich, skinny bitch luxe renaissance resort decadence and I loved it. What recession?


The heavy accessories were stunning, and if I could have stolen a couple of the wigs and necklaces (let alone the whole collection, obviously) I would have been a happy girl. The show started with some navy and cream stripes, gradually progressing to metallics for the evening (with a few tuelle capelets draped over the shoulders for god measure). Guests took home a Chanel beach towel.

No comments: