Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kicking and Squealing Gucci Little Piggy

Last week I had a very bad cold. When you have a bad cold but get better, despite no longer looking like shit you still have a lingering cough and almost constant need to blow your nose. Right now, the world is currently in the midst of a swine flu pandemic, with recent cases in Australia including a 20 year old girl from my home turf of Paddington, and a bunch of holiday-makers now facing quarantine on their big cruise ship in Sydney. It's fairly isolated right now - I don't know anyone with it, no one I know knows anyone with it etc. You get the picture right? This is not a drama of Biblical proportions. You wouldn't think so, given the looks I get for blowing my nose when I'm on the bus, or coughing when I stand in a busy food court at lunch. Rabid, irrational fear does not begin to describe it. I am not a pig. I do not have the flu. I have the common freakin' cold people - there is a difference!



Speaking of tissues and blowing one's delicate little nose, Kleenex has launched its Silk Touch Tissue Tree installation at Circular Quay, Sydney (runs - hahahahaha - from 19 to 24 May), as part of a $6 million marketing push in Australia (lord knows why, considering Australians are among the biggest tissue users in the world). The tree is wrapped in hundreds of metres of silky materials - simulating the feeling of rubbing one of their new silk touch tissues across your nose. It's true. I have sampled many a tissue the last week or two, and given I think eucalyptus scented, 3-ply tissues are bullshit, I am a pretty big fan of the new silk touch tissue. Apparently the tree dispenses tissues to people who grab off them (if only that would happen with $100 notes).



And I just realised the 24th May has passed. I'm sorry folks. My assignment is ruining my punctuality!

No comments: