Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Toys!

Ooooh I just love these watches from Italian watch manufacturer Toy Watch.


With all the breathy gushiness of Carrie in Sex and the City I say: "Me likey!".

Look how fun they are! Imagine going for a run along the river with one of these strapped to your arm! And this is just the fluoro range - they have crystal (think clear, chunky straps - but beautiful faces from mother of pearl with crystal spots to mark the hours) and super old school (me no likey, but each to their own) and ceramic. I just adore ceramic watches, and they also have plastoramic (guess what elements are combined there?). I remember when Chanel introduced its ceramic watch range - I was in Harrods, London when I saw them and in a burst of enthusiasm almost bought one. I was stopped in my tracks when the (Australian) sales assistant said "it's hot, but have you converted that into Aussie dollars?". Aah the perils of travel. Thinking the price tag in pounds is actually AUD. *sigh*

But Toy Watches are known for the cheapness! Unfortunately, they're not available in Australia. Why so surprised? Looks like a little trip to Hong Kong may be in order...

No comments: