Monday, July 14, 2008

Roll On Summer

News just in that Jets by Jessika Allen will be opening the David Jones Spring/Summer fashion parade. Miranda Kerr - the new DJs glamour girl will of course be clad in one of Jessika's super-luxe suits. I wonder if she'll go two-piece or one? And I wonder if Orlando Bloom will be in Australia again?

On to the one vs two debate... Allen herself appears to favour the one-piece, stating that "it's sexy when you have not as much material cut out of your costume". Allen says her collection has lots of prints with large florals and geometric patterns and various shades of blue or green. Personally, I can never decide which to go with. I am always torn between the stylishness of a one-piece, but then the fun-factor of the bikini.


My final decision is usually the combination of a couple of facts - first and foremost as a sun lover, I just can't resist grabbing the skimpiest bikini I can find for maximum sun exposure. Yes, roll on summer, roll on cancer. I simply can't help myself. Second, I try to tell myself that there's plenty of time for one-pieces, but that the bikini has a limited shelf-life: as soon as I hit 30, I'm seriously going to reconsider the appropriateness of a bikini (unless I work out, like, a lot). Actually - maybe it's not fair to put an age limit on it (that's one thing SATC has definitely taught us).  Once I start crying in change-rooms because a swimsuit looks heinous on me, I'll know that it's time to become a little more demure. Until then... Bring on string bikinis, brazilian waxes and SPF30+!

No comments: