Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Friday: Wish The Week Away

I know! It is the worst thing we can possibly do, to wish time away but this week must end! It has been epically bad. I am looking forward to Project White's conclusion (I have been doing sneaky sections of the wall in the breaks in rain at night and am very tired!) and things settling down a little more later next week.


I know this is an incredibly Oprah-esque thing to do, but I have set a reminder for 5:15pm every day on my phone and it says "What do you give thanks for today?". On the upside of having a terrible day each day of the week, is realising there are plenty of other things to be thankful for - in stark contrast to your irksome day. For example, I sat in the dentist chair on Wednesday for 2 HOURS (yes, I will floss twice daily from now you wicked Tooth Fairy!) and was most thankful for modern technology to be so advanced as to allow a TV to be fitted on to a ceiling so I may watch Kylie Minogue's Showgirl concert in London. Other things I am thankful for on a daily basis are my friends and family and how lucky we are to live in a stable, democratic, developed country. I am also frequently thankful for credit cards (but not credit card bills!).

What are you thankful for peeps? Tell whoever it is - even if it is your pet dog - that you're blessed to have them. It'll make y'all feel so warm inside, I guarantee it. xo

No comments: