Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Coloured Spade

When I asked if she ever got tired of all the running around, she said no, this has always been her preferred way: the life of the high-end nomad, moving from town to town…Like the hero of Apocalypse Now, wherever Jolie is, she wants to be in the other place. This can make her seem removed, less like a person living in the now than like someone living in the five minutes from now. She seems both mystical and beyond petty nationalism, but her footloose drive for new experience is pure Americana. “Anytime I feel lost, I pull out a map and stare,” she told me. “I stare until I have reminded myself that life is a giant adventure, so much to do, to see.”’

-- Jolie, as interviewed by Vanity Fair


Saw the shorts to Salt the other day, and have placed it on my High-Priority-When-Bored to-do list. I am also a little obsessed with the hair change (very similar to the idea first spruiked - to my generation, anyway - by Julia Roberts in The Pelican Brief). I am wondering what to do with my hair at the moment myself. Bored does not even begin to describe it.

Update: Ali has done a great post re her itchy feet and need for change based on La Jolie's quote above. Can I tell you I feel the same quite often myself. Ordinarily, I can satiate the desire for change with travel plans - a la my monster trip to South America which is just getting better and better - but the need to go is getting stronger. And the only place I want to be is New York City.

No comments: