Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Winter

Yes! It's the first day of winter today, here in the southern hemisphere. We are just starting to get that cracking snap in the air in the mornings and at night. This is when my bad habits emerge: sloth (too dark for the gym/too cold to run outside - oh the excuses! and general hibernations - the Friday night thriller on the ABC never looked so good - bye bye social life!), envy (wishing vainly for summer in a slightly non-healthy way), gluttony (eating far more carbs than are necessary, actually just eating far too much full stop!). Pride goes by the way side (in direct proportion to the increase in sloth), and I never really know what to do about wrath. Too lazy. So I shop instead.

Today I bought a pair of thigh high (as in mid-thigh high) suede black boots (flat). I have no idea what I need them for, but they seem cool (hello, Greed). With today's outfit, anyway! There will have to be a play-session tonight to determine whether this was a wise investment (leaving aside my protestations that when I'm back in the northern hemisphere, I'll be needing them). As for my old friend Lust... Let's just say that there is an article floating around (still no hyperlinks - how do I change my blog template?) that says that Facebook can tell who you'll be dating next (or charged with stalking by - it's a fine line) due to your visits to someone's page. True, that.

Here's a grab from Kookai's winter collection, which I thought pretty much summed up the direction winter is taking fashion-wise here in BrisVegas.

No comments: