Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Say Goodbye To Hollywood

If you grew up in Australia in the 80s-90s (or you were a game show addict) you would be saddened to hear of Adriana Xenides' death at just 54 years of age yesterday. Adriana was the letter-spinner on what was at the time the groundbreaking game show, Wheel of Fortune. I remember the banter between her and John Burgess... I was pretty sure they were going to get married and live happily ever after. I was also pretty definite that Adriana was the best looking woman in Australia (she pre-dated Elle McPherson, Gemma Ward, Cate Blanchett etc) and I pretty much wanted every ball gown she owned that had a thigh-high split. Her outfits I am pretty sure fed into the sequins addiction that I have today.

Here's a brief retrospective of Adriana:
Born in Argentina, Adriana was much loved here in Oz. Her very public battles with depression and various other illneses made us care for her all that more fiercely.

No comments: