Monday, June 21, 2010

Dream A Little Dream

This here is a rather amazing story. I think the movie buffs - or simply the lovers of Jon Hughes - will be touched.



Remember when you were a teenager? Are you living your teenaged-you's dreams, or has life taken a dramatically different course?

I'm on the course (career-wise) I had always wanted to be - even if I am slowly plodding towards the absolute climax I envisioned (yep, that would be the cliched "save the world/make a positive impact" thing). But the travel I have done and the people I have met - well, 15 year old Rachel had no idea about that kind of thing, but if she had, she would have wanted it for her grown-up self. Teen-Rachel's 10 year plan* has not panned out at all. For that I am glad.

* Teen-Rachel's 10 Year Plan
21-24 yr old: Achieve incredible career success

24 yr old: Meet man of dreams

27: Marry man of dreams

29: Have first child. Probably get a dog.

....And so on, until I had three good-looking, athletic, intelligent, charming children.

35: Resume career success. Possibly write best-seller.

So much pressure! Gotta have a dream though, right?

1 comment:

A said...

This has just made my day Rach - what a wonderful story!!

I don't know that I'm where I thought I'd be at this age, back when I was 15.. I'm sure I thought I'd be pretty much along the lines of your life, funnily enough.. But I'm much happier I've done it the way I've done it!

Lovely post xx