Friday, January 23, 2009

New York Style

I leave in less than a week. I pray for the weather to warm up just a little (but not at the expense of snow), for the exchange rate to improve a lot, and for my ability to adapt to extensive periods of time in a cramped space to have improved monumentally since my last long-haul overseas trip, and that should anything go wrong mid-flight, that I have a pilot as skilled as the ex-fighter pilot who saved 158 people by landing in the Hudson (hey - it's closer to town than JFK Airport). I also pray to look as stylish as some of these women while I'm in New York:

What's an homage to NY fashion without some Carrie?
(although I admit, I may have overdosed)

I know it's all a bit all-black-ish, but black is so stylish and easy, and if you slip in a puddle - no one will know.

Photo credits: Primarily from Garance Dore, some shots from the Stella Macartney A/W 08/09 collections and a random Kate Moss (from her latest TopShop collection) and of course the HBO/SATC website.

No comments: