Monday, January 12, 2009

Hmmm...

I think you need to click on the image and it will come up bigger so you can read the somewhat b*tchy article accompanying these shots.

I don't know what to think of this... It seems a bit trite to blame someone's weight gain on the death of someone else (Heath Ledger) who was apparently that person's lover. Apparently she is like Kung Fu Panda and she eats for comfort. She's only 21 and she does seem to have ballooned (yes, that was on purpose - I loved her in Black Balloon). Maybe there's something going on there and she needs some help. On the other hand... She was so freakin' skinny! Look at that picture of her! She couldn't even eat the whole apple she's holding in her hand! She probably couldn't physically lift a whole apple, and someone had to chop it in half for her so she could have a go at eating it. How many women around the world looked at shots of her and felt horribly insecure, and that they needed to get themselves some Celebrity Slim milkshakes to attempt her emaciated-ness which is apparently desirable... She was only 16 at the time of her modelling superstardom - god knows my mother thought I was anorexic when I was that age too and these days no one would look at me and think anorexia. Not even tanorexia... I need more beach time. *sigh* Divergence..

I think it's unfair for the newspapers to shame her for her weight gain - she seriously doesn't look that fat (bad camera angle and everything). I notice she doesn't have any cellulite.. Maybe she's just a bit bloated? And is this type of scrutiny going to make her eat more? Or will it make her starve herself to please the media who in a few weeks will run a story about how her crash diet is killing her and that friends are worried by her failure to eat for 9 days consecutively, going on to berate her for promoting an unhealthy body image? Stupid, irresponsible media.

1 comment:

Phuong said...

was this the sunday mail? poor gemma