Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Friday


Yet another friend got engaged last weekend. And I am chief bridesmaid (aka Maid of Honour, however I request a name change as "maid" sounds old-maid in my head). I am very, very excited! This is - honestly - one of my ambitions in life being fulfilled right now.

However. I had a moment of freak-out when it all went down. I realised a few things: I am 30 in a year. I am nowhere near life-partner status. I am only just figuring out what I want to do with my career. I would like to live in New York - if only for a year. How to balance all this, with the other part of me that wants a lovely partner, dinner parties with wonderful friends (in Australia - I am way too "family" to be anywhere else for too long), a dog called Pepper Potts (or alternatively Humphrey, or simply two pugs one called Porgy the other Bess), and some kidlets. I feel time is running out a little. And I'm not exactly sure how all these plans fit in with meeting someone. But then ... I don't want to get married right now,I definitely couldn't do pregnancy either, so I should probably not sweat it.

I just wish I was 27 instead of 29. Is that weird?

No comments: