Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Shoesday: Wet Weather

Brisbane is currently gripped by torrential downpours. Luckily, I own a pair of gumboots (purchased in NYC on a very cold day and changed into on Wall St - a bad place to be when it's windy and cold in New York! As I put on the boots, I was surrounded by a friendship circle of Susie and Jenny to protect my modesty - I was wearing a short skirt, naturally...).


Unluckily, I have not one, not two, but THREE leaking holes in my ceiling in my newly painted bedroom. When I realised the leaks - at about 3am the other night - I hastily awoke to shove the bed out of the line of drip. Smashing my bed into the wall... Scraping off freshly applied paint. The water damage I had so lovingly painted over (are you meant to do that?) was back - paint swollen and unhinged from the wall.

Grrrr.....!

1 comment:

A said...

Oh nooo!!! What kind of gumboots did you get? Have you seen these?? I want some!!

http://www.moovculture.com/

Thinking I might need some for NYC!