Monday, August 30, 2010

Yikes!

I was in bed Thursday and Friday AND Saturday with a head cold. It was not pleasant. Although I did get to catch up on Season 3 of Mad Men. If you don't watch it, seriously try to. As well as frequently awarded exactitude in its costume and interior design, the story is so incredibly well-crafted it makes my head spin! The cleverness and character development - particularly of Don Draper - is simply jaw dropping. Betty Draper - described by NY mag so perfectly as "a petulant, Hitchockian blonde" - is wonderful as the early onset to Desperate Housewives: the gorgeous, talented and gifted creature who is only credited with housewife duties. I am wishing for a little more Joan this season... My only gripe!


Jon Hamm - aka Don Draper - at the Emmys today.

No comments: