Thursday, March 25, 2010

Disappointment

I love this cover from Russh. Great colour - strangely, as a child I really wasn't in to the colour orange, but now it's all through my wardrobe. That, and yellow. Maybe because I continue to revel in my blonde hair. Best break-up activity ever, going blonde!

Ally... I have been meaning to tell you, but I have been too disappointed to really want to talk about it. The Plan A for getting to New York has not eventuated. The 'no' was difficult enough, the circumstances surrounding it worse - and nothing to do with me. Funding cuts, diversion of funding to other areas - called "priorities" - that I simply can't believe in, irrespective of my own disappointment. My workplace is less the great, inspiring place it once was and more matched to the stereotype.

But that's actually ok. I'm reassessing goals, thinking about what new direction I want to take things career-wise (again... I am 3 year attention span girl), but still of course finishing off my Masters. When I will get to New York again, I'm truly not sure. Hopefully the end of the year. If so, I'll be in the throes of beginning to scale the heights of my dawning 30s, reinventing myself again, still wondering what it's all about, and most importantly, still dreaming.

As my darling little sister said, this is not a full stop - just a comma ... Until I figure out what's going to fill the next paragraph.

1 comment:

Ally Kay said...

Oh so sad re plan A. New York is not the same without you. Have you contacted Visa First re a J1? It allows you to work here, and people seem to get jobs purely through networking, so you'd have no problem.
RE the next chapter.... I know exactly what I think you should do... but what ever makes your heart sing! Missing you. xx