Monday, January 18, 2010

The Beautiful Life



I had a youtube weekend - I fixed my broken toilet all by myself (thanks to youtube instructional videos) and watched episodes of "The Beautiful Life". I know my life is fascinating and terribly exciting :)

Back on topic.... the tv teen drama goes behind the scenes of the modelling and fashion industry and was meant to be the come back show for Mischa Barton. It was axed after 2 episodes for low viewership numbers (it did go up against Glee).

However producer Ashton Kutcher decided to embrace the web and has released the remaining completed episodes (5 in total) on youtube. If they get enough viewers he is hoping to film and release more episodes on the interweb.

Seriously bad acting (especially by Mischa Barton and Elle McPherson) but this show is still strangely addictive. It's trashy and fun. Not in the league of Gossip Girl and Glee in the teen show stakes but there are lots of real life fashion cameos e.g. Zac Posen and Jessica Stam and pretty clothes to look at.

You can watch the episodes here

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I am most impressed re your toilet fixing experience! Don't worry... I'm hoping to pop over and spice things up in March - just waiting for the perfect moment to float it with work!

Phuong said...

Yay! Will be so much fun as Jen will be here too! The weekend wasn't completely boring - I did leave the house to meet mates and found this AMAZING vintage shop. Bought a dress, two tops and a skirt for the equivalent of $10. Will have to take you both...