Thursday, August 13, 2009

Eggs on toast?



"Alone in the kitchen with an eggplant" is a book edited by Jenni Ferrari-Adler which features essays from various contributors including food writers and film directors who discuss the quirky things people do and make when eating alone.

I am currently living alone and while the perils of living on my own (e.g locking myself out of the house!) can be frustrating at times, there is something really nice about being on your own and especially when it comes to cooking.

My usual solo "when i don't really feel like cooking and i live in Hong Kong where no one has an oven" efforts include eggs on toast, silken tofu with soy and ginger and viet rice paper rolls.

Japanese author, Haruki Murakami, enjoys making pasta while film director/writer, Nora Ephron, likes to have mashed potato in bed.

What are your eating alone habits?

1 comment:

R said...

hahaha - freaky! I had that book on my list to blog on too! We have weird spidey sense Trinh. What do I eat alone - ice cream out of the tub. I ate that for dinner my last night and for breakfast the morning I left. Also - toasted cheese and tomato with yummy chutney is my absolute favourite. I would eat that forever if I had to.