Friday, June 12, 2009

"World Peace". That is all. Thank you.

My 8000 word hell finally came to an end last night. Unfortunately, as I scrabbled for words in the dying minutes before it was due, I couldn't think of anything other than that old chestnut "world peace". My final two words were "world peace". It was disgustingly cliched. I felt like a Miss Universe contestant without the bikini.

Which got me thinking about peace, and people who push for peace. Who is advocating a message of peace these days, in a serious, spectacular manner? No one. That's bloody who. Not like Ghandi. Not like John and Yoko. Conveniently for this post, this year is the 40th anniversary of their famous bed-in.


It can't be that hard.

So happy Friday. Have a peaced out weekend.

And check out these classic beauty contestant answers:

Host: Ms. Philippines , what is your best feature?
Candidate: There is one that I have at home. It's of the majestic Rice Terraces. I believe that tourism can be uplifted by our nation by means of having a good feature taken. I believe that tourism is the key to the future, second to the children of the world who are our future which is why we have to lead the way for them, thank you.

Host: Candidate 10, if you were to win the title tonight, to whom would you dedicate your victory?
Candidate: Well, uhm, I will dedicate my victory to, uhm well, I will dedicate my victory to myself! Because I work so hard to win. That is all, thank you.

Host: Candidate number 2, do you believe in reincarnation? If so, would you rather be reincarnated as a man or a woman?
Candidate: I want to be resurrected as a man because I like myself for who I am.
Host: Candidate number 2, are you saying you are a man?
Candidate: No, I am saying that I like being myself.
Host: So why do you want to reincarnate as a man?
Candidate: Did I say that?
Host: Yes, you did.
Candidate: Oh? Hahahha... sorry... erase, erase...I want to be resurrected as a woman.

Host: What is your stand on pre-marital sex?
Candidate: What is my stand on pre-marital sex? Ladies and Gentlemen, that is easy. I do not stand. I kneel down and pray all the time. Thank you.

No comments: