Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Double Denim

There was a time when the thought of wearing denim head to toe was a mortal fashion sin, prompting ridicule, comparisons to Jerry Seinfeld, and (I am positive it happened to at least a few people), social exclusion.

Having just escaped the clutches of a few summer seasons of 80s neon, it was perhaps just a matter of time before double denim appeared in hipster retail outlets, before launching its full onslaught on mainstream fashion.


It's a true fashion moment when it hits the cover of Vogue
Maybe it's nostalgia for a bygone era (and a love of 90s sitcoms), but I actually don't totally abhor the resurgence of this trend. To pull off this look, most fashionistas are leaning towards the softer blues, and the tonality is more matched than mismatched.


Opt for softer shades of blue to make double denim work
Miranda Kerr rarely puts a fashion foot wrong, and she has nailed double denim in this outfit

 
Aussie fashion staples Jac+Jack and Scanlan & Theodore have released lovely takes on the trend, and I am sorely tempted to invest in a piece. Priced between $320 and $450, it is a decision not to be taken lightly for this budget-conscious girl. But it doesn't mean I won't try them on and be tempted. 

This Jac+Jack denim shirt dress is firmly on my lust list this season


Just remember, double denim has come a long way. You should too. Take this trend into the 21st Century, and leave hilarious crimes of fashion for Britney (yes, I just said that, and I really can't believe I said it! I am sad but not surprised- after all, a girl's got to eat - that she is now a Vegas show girl).





No comments: