Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hopes Dashed Globally - In the Nicest of Ways

When I first met Kate I knew there was something very special about her and I knew there was possibly something that I wanted to explore there. But we ended up being friends for a while and that was a good foundation because I do genuinely believe now that being friends with one another is a massive advantage. It just went from there and over the years I knew things were getting better and better.

We went through a few stumbling blocks as every relationship does but we picked ourselves up and carried on. From where you have the odd problem when you are first getting to know each other those have all gone and it's just really easy just being with each other, it's really fun and I'm obviously extremely funny and she loves that.




Aaaah yes, the wait is over. Women the world over born circa 1981-83 must now give up on their dream of becoming princess (and eventual queen) to Prince William. The woman to dash all these hopes is one Kate Middleton - she of the lustrous mane of chestnut hair, and conservative (yet nice) fashion styling described by the Daily Telegraph as: "a cautious, painfully immaculate dresser ... For a girl of 28, it suggests a case of fashion constipation... The thinking appears to have been not 'What would I enjoy wearing?' but 'How would this sit on a commemorative plate'?"

And speaking of commemorative plates, there is sure to be a Wedgwood bonanza in the lead up to this long-awaited engagement.


And how lovely that William (known as Big Willie to Kate apparently) chose his mother's engagement ring: "[my mother] is not going to be around for the fun and excitement so it's my way of keeping her close to it all. I'm no expert on rings but I've been reliably informed it's a sapphire with some diamonds but I'm sure everyone recognises it from previous times."

No comments: