Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Collaboration Gone Mad

Last year we celebrated, in addition to Barbie's 50th, Hello Kitty's 35th. I adore both, however I was close to going a little mad at all the Barbie collaborations. Sanrio was certainly out there pushing the Hello Kitty product, but it was far less the extravaganza of the Barb-sta. Or so I thought.

Sanrio is due to release a collection of wines in a fortnight, with Hello Kitty meowing about it's greatness.

First of all, I am not a huge fan of the labels, primarily because a 4 yr old could be mistaken for thinking that this was pretend booze made for them - i.e. a classless toy. Second, I don't care if HK is actually 35... HK still looks like a kitten. There is something terribly wrong about putting the face of a children's play character on the front of alcohol, knowing how messed up alcoholism can be for people.

Should I get off my high horse and be more fun, or do you agree?

DISCLAIMER: I adore Hello Kitty. I have HK stuff everywhere, much to the horror of my fully grown housemates. I don't care. This love and adoration may explain my near-violent reaction to the booze/HK collaboration.

No comments: