Wednesday, August 6, 2008

That Wasn't Very Nice

Every now and again, we all have a bad day. Someone is mean, things go wrong, you spill your coffee all over your shoes, one of your friends is sad and I feel sad because they're sad... All of this has happened to me and more today!

In the tradition of Mary Poppins, I regularly update my list of favourite things. For those can't-live-without-them fashion items, they end up on The Lust List (so paper packages tied up with string and so on don't quite make it - but of course they are perennial favourites). My Lust List is in constant flux - I love things then I change my mind and cross them off the list, I love them so much I buy them and cross them off the list and on and on. It's a constant work in progress.

Some of the stars of Lust Lists past have included:
  • Red lipstick (Chanel of course!) - this has been twice removed due to recent purchases
  • Chanel handbag (*sigh* - this will forever be on my list methinks!)
  • silly Alannah Hill fascinators/skirts/jackets - that category is endless
  • Tom Ford sunglasses - I'm still pining for these, and hope that the tax man will make my dreams come true.

What's on my list right now? Given these times of economic stress (my credit card hadn't noticed) I am trying most diligently to cut my list back to classics... I'm not so sure:

  • 18th Amendment high-waisted Bacall denim shorts (the pics online don't do them justice)
  • Tom Ford sunglasses (yes, I know - I already have sunglasses)
  • Orgasm blush by Nars (I could follow this with a very obvious joke - I'll just leave it)
  • A short, floaty white sundress with frills on the straps and Ukrainian-esque cross-stitching (I saw it on a girl the other day - it's now the stuff of daydreams)
  • Mimco new season Muse mini handbag

  • Gladiator shoes (I'll post on those later - the problem with Gladiator shoes is that everyone has them post-SATC, quite naturally of course)
  • A belt - so I can tighten it in these times of economic stress.

The problem with fashion, as opposed to classics, is that - in the words of Coco Chanel: Fashion is designed to become unfashionable. They key is purchasing the item that will last.

No comments: