Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy Friday: Bobbing Bingle

I've previously taken inspiration from Lara Bingle with wildly successful results (I met the man I was fated to marry thanks to her!), so I'm sorely tempted to follow her lead into bobbed hair territory...


I frequently toy with the idea of a shorter hairstyle. I adore my long mane of blonde hair, but there are some days - mainly windy ones, or the more generic "Bad Hair Day" - where it is all I can do not to walk into the nearest hair salon and ask for my hair to be lopped off.



The man credited with Bingle's new style says “I talked to her about how this look would make her face stronger and open up her face and neck area, making her look youthful, strong and modern.” I totally agree with him.






Lara Bingle is currently on what appears to be an Instagram crusade for self-publicity and public adoration (I have actually stopped following her, as it was clogging up my newsfeed), so there are pictures galore of her latest 'do. I'm not sure what she is actually doing with her life (i.e. career wise she doesn't seem to be doing much apart from Instagram selfies) - people still seem to hate on her, but I still love her (probably because I don't get a constant rush of pics on Instagram any longer).

I also really love her because she is the face of the The :One label for Cotton On. Cotton On may not be particularly glamorous, but it is a great company - it provides affordable basics that fit and don't look dismally unhip (quite the opposite, in fact). They also have a wide-ranging charitable program, which I really admire in a company that isn't raking in the margins in the way that a higher-end label likely is.

So whatever. Happy Friday to Lara Bingle, girls brave enough to chop off their hair, lovers of a bold lip colour and everyone in between! xo








No comments: