Monday, December 12, 2011

On the First Day of Christmas

Hooray! It's Christmas!!! My favourite time of year - summer, summer fruits, delectable salads, seafood, BBQs with friends, Christmas dinners, Christmas cocktails and invariably a costume party thrown in for good measure (costume party this weekend in fact... I'm going as a terrorist - with Christmas crackers tied around my chest. I'm out of inspiration!).

Christmas also means a time to daydream about the endless possibilities of gifts. Receiving, giving - it doesn't really matter. It's fun to pick the perfect thing for a much cared for person (even if it is yourself!).

So without further ado...

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:


A glamour holiday (only small suitcases need apply as we will buy on arrival) to the back of beyond. Trekking, sunning, supping and sipping... Who cares where, as long as it's fun!*

* Note: the Boy and I are actually planning a few holidays... Japan skiing if finances permit, but the real doozy will be a tour of Europe - primarily France for Tour de France, with a bit of sailing in Croatia, riding bikes in Turkey and lounging in Barcelona. Possibly sight-seeing in Italy. Anyone want to join in? There will be groups! There will definitely be fun!!!

No comments: