Thursday, November 27, 2008

I Heart ...


  • New York - I booked and paid for my flights to New York yesterday. I'm so so so excited! I truly can't wait. Museums, art galleries, ice skating, Sex and the City bus tour, The Sopranos bus tour (note to self: watch less tv), bad coffee, great shopping, bars, restaurants, celebrity-spotting, Broadway, snow (yes, I love summer but the novelty of snow is too good to pass up). Aaaggh!


  • The pending ascension of Barack Obama to the top job - I'll be in the United States right after his inauguration - I can't wait to experience the vibe and the general positive optimism I expect to see on the streets stemming from his wildly popular "yes we can" mantra. I'm also dead keen to check out all those political monuments in Washington which I think will have new meaning to Americans after January 20, 2009

  • Speaking of optimism, I can't wait to check out the Gallery of Modern Art's latest exhibition - Optimism. All the artists on display are Aussie's, there's the kiddies interactive centre (which I always secretly want to go and play in myself) plus of course the Friday Night Uplate sessions. In January, Katie Noonan will be playing - I'm so excited by her at the moment, as she is about to release an album (Blackbird) which will feature jazzed up Beatles tunes. I love the Beatles, and I think Katie Noonan is super-talented so I think it will be a fantastic combination. That, and the $20 for an up-late session is so much cheaper than her show in early December at QPAC - tix start at $54. Ouch! I can buy her new album and a ticket to up-late for that - plus a coffee!
  • The return of Britney Spears - my tragic obsession. I love this girl, I'm so glad that she's healthy, happier (I don't think she's exactly happy yet - perhaps when the court-imposed conservatorship is dropped and she has more custody of her kids again), dressing better (with underwear) and appearing in fabulously choreographed and costumed new film clips. Her new album, Circus, is out on her 27th birthday - 2nd December. Apparently the album isn't as good as Blackout which featured songs with lyrics personal to her situation at the time. Circus has been classed as more of an out-and-out pop album - which suits me - with less of a focus on her private life. About time, too!

  • I love this little Leona Edmiston hard-cover clutch, inspired by the clutches of the 1950s. It's so fresh and summery, yet durable and lasting! Like a beautiful battery.

No comments: